We invite you to kick off autumn in Istria in the best possible way: walking and tasting Istrian wines. We promise you will be thrilled by the autumn colours and the fruits of the vineyards of northwestern Istria. Don’t miss Wine & Walk by the sea in Novigrad!
The walk starts in the morning hours near the Aminess Maestral Hotel in Novigrad. Guests will register there and receive a tasting glass, vouchers, a route map, and all other necessary instructions. The trail you will walk is 10km long, and along this path, you will taste the best wines by Istrian winemakers paired with local specialties at several wine & food points. In one of the seaside olive groves, you will also have the opportunity to taste the region’s world-class olive oil. At some wine & food points, you will be greeted by an entertainment and music programme, and there will even be a few other surprises we won’t let you in on yet...
The adventure begins with a stroll along the sea and Novigrad’s Mediaeval walls to the old harbour of Mandrač in the very heart of the old town centre. Here, you will find the first wine & food point in a local wine cellar with decades of tradition. After the tasting, you will continue on along the trail, which runs partly along the coast and partly through the vineyards, olive groves, and other beautiful natural locations of Novigrad’s hinterland.
There, you will find a few more wine & food points, where you can meet the winemakers whose wines you will taste alongside delicious gourmet treats. This is an excellent opportunity to chat, ask a question or two, and find out more about the amazing wines you will be enjoying all day.
The return to Novigrad is expected in the late afternoon, and the finish line is in the park of the Novigrad bishopric, in the very centre of the old town. Here, all participants and other visitors can continue the party while tasting wines and food and enjoying music and a fair with local agricultural products and souvenirs. There will also be a lottery for Wine & Walk by the Sea participants, and a few lucky winners will also be taking home a souvenir from this inspiring event.
Wine & Gourmet points:
1) VINO P&P / PERVINO: Sekt aus Malvasia 2015 / Teran 2016, LUNGOMARE RESTAURANT: Pan fried sardines
2) VINA DEGRASSI: Malvasia Bomarchese 2017 / Rose la vie en Rose 2017,
HEDONIST BISTRO: Mussels au gratin
3) VINA STANCIJA FAVA: Malvasia 2017 / Merlot 2016, KONOBA NINO: Sea on plate
4) VINA DEMARK: Malvasia 2017 / Rosè 2017, HALF8 RESTAURANT: Pasta pljukanci with sausages and mushrooms
5) VINA PALČIĆ: Malvasia 2017 / Giovanni Blanc & Rosé (sparkling wine), TAVERNA SERGIO: Zucchini and bacon risotto
6) VINA GHIRA: Malvazija 2017 / Cabernet sauvignon 2017, KOD MARICE RESTAURANT: Cuttlefish and murex with polenta
7) VINA IVANČIĆ: Malvasia 2017 / Muskat Dolcedoro 2017, PEKARA OŠO: Dessert: Novigrad's buzolai
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Departure from the starting point Punto Mare near Hotel Aminess Maestral (every 30 minutes)
- 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Expected arrival at ending point Novigradske biskupije Park
Welcome to the second Wine & Walk by the Sea!
Download the path map Wine and Walk by the sea.