You are ready to explore Umag and its surroundings and bicycle is your favourite mean of transportation? In that case, you will surely enjoy the services offered by the Istrian public bicycle transportation service - Park and Ride Umag.
What is the Park and Ride service?
The PARK AND RIDE system is the first public transport service using bicycles in Umag. You can use it within the area of the town and in the CampingIN Park Umag.
By checking in at Istria Experience info points (Polynesia, Katoro, Stella Maris, Punta, CampingIN Park Umag) or by inserting a credit card directly to the terminal, you get a code to use a public bicycle.
The Park and Ride system can be used daily, 7 days a week between 6.00 a.m. and midnight.
Park and Ride does not guarantee that the users will have a bicycle available for use at any given time (according to user preferences) , or a free stand for replacing it. In that case the user can take a bicycle from the next station with available stands, or will have to return the bicycle to the first next station with a free stand. Information on available bicycles, or free stands are available to users on every pylon.
Does Park and Ride imply some sort of insurance?
If the user does not return the bicycle after 24 hours from the time they started using it or brings it back damaged, Park and Ride will not return the user's deposit, but will keep it on the basis of the agreed penalty, or compensation.
The user uses the bicycle at his own risk. The user takes full responsibility for any damage he causes. This also applies to complaints from a third person, but does not affect claims for reimbursements.
The user is responsible for all additional damage and costs that may occur if he/she fails to cooperate with the investigation team while determining damage and searching for the perpetrator. Park and Ride is responsible for intentional and gross negligence that could cause harm to users. Park and Ride is not responsible for items users carry in the baskets.
At what age is it possible to use the service?
Use of the service is allowed to adults (older than 18 years). Use of the service is not allowed to persons under the age of 18 ( unless they are accompanied by the adult that rented the bicycle; in that case the adult takes full responsibility for their actions and possible damage that might occur while the underage person is using the service).
Use of helmets
Park and Ride recommends the use of helmets, and children under the age of 16 are obliged to wear a helmet. Helmets are available for a fee at the designated locations at the Bike Point at the Sol Umag Hotel and at the Bike Point at the Sol Garden Istra Hotel.
How will I know if I have returned the bicycle correctly?
The symbol of a locked padlock at the parking place shows you if the bicycle has been returned correctly.
What should I do if the parking place does not lock the bicycle?
Repeat the procedure at a different stand.
Leave the bicycle in the stand and wait for the sound signal. If the parking was successful the symbol of a locked padlock should appear on the stand. If the symbol does not appear or a X sign appears call +385 (0)98 25 99 55 / +385 (0)97 6963 096
In case of an emergency call +385 (0)98 25 99 55 / +385 (0)97 6963 096
Is it possible to take more bicycles at the same time?
Yes, you can take more than one bicycle with one card (max 4 bicycles).
What should I do if I have returned a bicycle, but cannot take another one?
Maybe you did not lock the bicycle correctly. Always check that the bicycle is locked correctly on the parking place indicator. Wait or call +385 (0)98 25 99 55 / +385 (0)97 6963 096 or contact the nearest Istria Experience info point.
There are bicycles at the stand, but I cannot take any of them. Why?
This happens when the system detects a malfunction and when a bicycle is blocked because it is not suitable for use. This situation is indicated by a red cross on the parking indicator.
When do I stop being responsible for the bicycle?
The user is responsible for the bicycle from the moment he takes it until he returns it correctly to the stand.
How to use Park and Ride - four easy steps
01. INFO & PAYMENT
To use the Park and Ride service please purchase your code by registration at an Istria Experience info point or by inserting a credit card directly to the terminal on one of the Park and Ride station.
02. ENTER YOUR CODE
Enter your code on the pylon and pick the bike you want to use.
03. TAKE YOUR BIKE
The sound signal indicates that the bike is unlocked and ready to use. Pull it out of the rack.
04. RETURN THE BIKE
After your ride please put the bike back into the rack. The sound signal indicates that the bike is locked.
Park and Ride Stations
You can pick up your bike at any of the stations listed below.
To use the Park and Ride service please purchase your code by registration at an Istria Experience info point or by inserting a credit card directly to the terminal on one of the Park and Ride station.
The Park and Ride station is situated next to the Istria Experience info point in Katoro, at the crossroads between hotels Meliá Coral and Sol Garden Istra. Katoro is criss-crossed with cycling trails, which makes it ideal for exploration on 2 wheels. The left branch of the winding seaside trail will take you to the town centre and further south. If you decide to follow an alternative route, turn right and visit the Sepomaia archaeological site, check out the tennis courts of the recently opened Umag Tennis Academy or take a break in the shade of the pine trees on one of the summer terraces. If you take a look at the tree tops, you are sure to see a curious squirrel.
02. Stella Maris
The Park and Ride station nestles in the embrace of the Stella Maris lagoon, immediately next to the Istria Experience info point. Istrian villas and Sol Stella and Sol Amfora apartments are in its immediate vicinity. Discover a lovely boat dock surrounded with an eco-garden, Acqua Chill Out relax zone and diving centre of the once popular "Osmica". Be sure to include the tour of the ATP arena hosting the renowned Umag tennis tournament and its many accompanying amenities into your cycling route. Don't forget to breathe deeply, because all the trails you will be pedalling on are infused with the scent of the curative Mediterranean pine trees.
The Park and Ride station is situated next to the Istria Experience info point, in the vicinity of hotel Sol Umag and Residence of the same name. If you decide to take a bicycle here, you can head off for the town and take a stop to sightsee the old aristocratic beauty, Hotel Beograd, then follow the sandy beach all the way to Hotel Adriatic and Umag's ACI marina, along the promenade the locals call lungomare, to the town centre. From the Punta station, you can also go northwards, through the Stella Maris and Katoro resorts, to Savudrija port and lighthouse. You will pass through blue-green landscapes full of romantic coves and hidden corners offering refreshments.
04. Umag Center 1
Park and Ride station Umag in the town's centre is situated next to the playground, adjacent to the tourist train stop. You are now at the very heart of the town, so use the opportunity to explore what its narrow streets, market and main square under the pointers of the church bell-tower are hiding. Take a peek into the galleries and stone courts of the Umag Town Museum, then continue along the shore to the town beach. In the evening you will frequently hear the sweet sound of the guitar from the nearby terraces. You can take a break in one of the cafés, watching the local rhythm of life unfold before your eyes. If on the other hand you desire some action, the routes of numerous trails leading away from Umag are available at the local tourist board office.
05. CampingIN Park Umag
The Park and Ride station in CampingIN Park Umag is situated across the tennis courts, next to the Istria Experience info point. This campsite, 9 km from Umag, is ideal for cyclists because it has the surface of as many as 101 ha and you can reach almost all of its parts by bicycle. Visit Istrian Verteneglio Market, the market of local products, familiarize yourself with 4 soils and 4 wines of Brtonigla, taste Istrian specialities, ride by the indigenous plants park, refresh yourself in the clean sea or play one of the numerous sports available in the campsite. If you happen to have children, they will get an opportunity to become pirates and sailors, ride down the winding slides and jump in the adrenaline park. Enjoy all the benefits of freedom of this natural oasis.
The Park and Ride Umag station in the apartment village Polynesia is situated next to the reception of the Katoro Resort, two kilometres from the centre of Umag. A renowned school of tennis with enclosed tennis courts and a bar with comfortable terrace, perfect for refreshment and with an excellent view of the sports courts, is in the immediate vicinity of the station. Polynesia’s Sport Art centre also offers multi-purpose football, handball, basketball, volleyball and badminton courts, as well as a bowling alley, mini golf court and an equestrian centre offering horseback riding. Since the village is only a hundred metres from the beach and different water activities, you can try your hand at windsurfing, parasailing, pedal boating or canoeing during your holidays. And don't miss out on diving, a wonderful way to discover all the beauties of our sea.
|60 min | 18,00kn
||60 min | 42,00kn
|24 h | 42,00kn
||24 h | 90,00kn
|Three days | 90,00kn
||Three days | 180,00kn
|Weekly | 132,00kn
||Weekly | 270,00kn
|Max. time of one ride without additional costs (time between taking the bike and returning it to the stand) | 60 min
||Max. time of one ride without additional costs (time between taking the bike and returning it to the stand) | 60 min
|Additional time for every time the time limit for one ride is exceeded (60 minutes) ** | 18,00kn
||Additional time for every time the time limit for one ride is exceeded (60 minutes) ** | 42,00kn
|Deposit*** | 300,00kn
||Deposit*** | 300,00kn
credit card payment (Amex, Diners, Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron) directly on the pylon or with cash on Istria Experience info point (Polynesia, Katoro, Stella Maris, Punta, CampingIN Park Umag)
** for every time the time limit for one ride is exceeded (60 minutes) a fee for additional time will be charged. The fee is multiplied depending on the length of the excess time.
Terms and Conditions - Park and Ride Umag
These General Terms and Conditions regulate the manner of use, payment, protection of personal data and other details of the PARK AND RIDE system.
The PARK AND RIDE system is exclusively owned by the company Istraturist Umag d.d., with its seat in Umag, Jadranska 66, the Republic of Croatia, PIN: 22738374612, registered in the Court Register of the Rijeka Commercial Court, Pazin Permanent Office, under no. 040002769. In the case of any questions, the company Istraturist Umag d.d. may be contacted through the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on ++385 (0)52 719 125. You can find other information about the company Istraturist on our web page www.istraturist.hr.
1. LIMITATIONS TO BICYCLE RENTAL
Each user has the right to rent one or more bicycles (four at the same time at most) per transaction.
2. TERMS OF BICYCLE RENTAL
- 1) Bicycle rental is not allowed:
- a) to persons under the age of 18 (unless they are accompanied by the adult that rented the bicycle; in that case the adult takes full responsibility for their actions and possible damage that might occur while the underage person is using the service).
- b) PARK AND RIDE recommends the use of helmets, and children under the age of 16 are obliged to wear protective helmets whilst riding on the road.
- c) for transport of other persons apart from the rider (for safety reasons, it is particularly prohibited to transport children on the bicycle!)
- d) for travels outside the borders of Croatia
- e) for transport of inflammable substances, explosive, poisonous or dangerous materials
- f) for participating in bicycle races or events for testing bicycles
- g) for sub-renting or any other use by third natural or legal persons
- h) during strong winds or bad weather
- under the influence of alcohol and drugs
- 2) The user must adhere to traffic rules and the Road Safety Act.
- 3) Both hands must be on the handlebars when riding.
- 4) The basket on the bicycle must be used as prescribed and may not be overloaded (the maximum load of the basket is 5 kg). When placing items in the basket care must be taken to secure them so they do not fall out during the ride.
- 5) Users of bicycles are not permitted to make any alterations or changes to the bicycle, and if they do so despite this prohibition, Park and Ride shall require payment from the user for any damage caused.
3. THE DURATION OF USE OF THE SERVICE AND LIABILITY
- 1) The moment when Park and Ride collects payment via bank transfer is taken as the beginning of the legal relationship of bicycle rental.
- 2) It is considered that a user actually commences with the use of the system the moment:
- the user obtains a paper voucher with the code for unlocking the bicycle at an Istra Experience info point (Polynesia, Katoro, Stella Maris, Punta, CampingIN Park Umag),
- the user inserts a credit card directly into the pylon at one of the Park and Ride stations (Polynesia, Katoro, Stella Maris, Punta, CampingIN Park Umag, Umag centre 1). The moment the user returns the bicycle to the stand is considered the moment of the termination of the use of the system.
4. TERMS OF BICYCLE USE
- 1) For the needs of providing Park and Ride services, Park and Ride uses Erste Card Club POS authorisation (for purchases via the pylons).
- 2) Park and Ride guarantees that all bicycles are in a roadworthy condition, but does not exclude faults which may occur during their use. The user is obliged to report such faults without delay to the nearest Istria Experience info point or via the phone number +385 (0)98 25 99 55 / +385 (0)97 6963 096 and stop using the bicycle, and Park and Ride will repair that fault in the shortest possible time.
- 3) In the case of a fault, the user may use another roadworthy bicycle from that station, and Park and Ride will repair the fault and remove the bicycle from use. Otherwise, the user may wait for the fault to be repaired, which will not be included in the rental period.
- 4) Before using a bicycle, the user must check that the bicycle is in good condition and is roadworthy (including, but not limited to: frame, tyres, brakes, lights..).
- 5) A user that wishes to use the Park and Ride system may purchase the service in two ways:
- at an Istria Experience info point (Polynesia, Katoro, Stella Maris, Punta, CampingIN Park Umag), with cash or by presenting a bank card to an employee of an Istria Experience info point so that he/she may enter the data from the card into the Park and Ride computer system. After the data is entered, the user enters the PIN, upon which the employee of the Istria Experience info point issues the user a paper slip containing the code for unlocking the bike. Before paying for the service, the user concludes a contract on bicycle rental with the provider of the service, by which he/she also confirms that he/she is acquainted with the General Terms and Conditions
- by inserting a credit card into the pylon at one of the Park and Ride stations (Polynesia, Katoro, Stella Maris, Punta, CampingIN Park Umag, Umag centar 1) without concluding a rental contract as described in the previous item.
- 6) The sale of the bicycle rental service shall be performed by concluding a Bicycle Rental Contract between Park and Ride and the User. During the conclusion of the Bicycle Rental Contract, the user shall provide, in addition to his/her consent, the following information:
a. Credit card type
b. Credit card number
c. Credit card CVV number
d. Credit card expiry date
The aforementioned data will serve as insurance in cases of theft, damage or exceeding the time limit for the use of the service. Park and Ride obliges to store the aforementioned data as strictly confidential and guarantees that they will not be used for any other purpose except the aforementioned.
- 7) Park and Ride allows payment using the following cards:
a. Amex ®
b. Diners ®
c. Visa ®
d. Mastercard ®
e. Maestro ®
f. Visa Electron ®
- 8) Park and Ride guarantees that Erste Club and Wspay applies the latest standards of data protection - the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol with 128-bit data encryption and the MD5 algorithm. The ISO 8583 protocol ensures that the exchange of data between the Erste Club and Wspay system and the authorization centres of card companies is undertaken within a private network, protected from unauthorized access by a dual layer firewall.
5. PARKING A RENTED BICYCLE
- 1) Users are obliged to park the bicycle in a visible place. They shall undertake to respect traffic regulations when parking. They must also take care that the bicycle does not affect the safety of others. If there are free racks at the Park and Ride terminal, the user must park the bicycle in a rack.
- 2) It is prohibited to park the rented bicycle:
a) at traffic lights
b) on a parking meter
c) on road signs
d) at a pedestrian crossing
e) on pedestrian paths narrower than 1.5 meters
f) in emergency exits
g) so that the bicycle covers advertising space
h) It is prohibited to park bicycles in houses, yards or vehicles.
3) The user must compensate without delay for any damage he/she causes by acting contrary to the general terms and conditions, pursuant to the Park and Ride price list.
- 4) Park and Ride bicycles are public bicycles and should therefore be available to the largest number of users possible. Therefore one user may use the same bicycle for one journey of no more than 40 minutes. Each time this time limit is exceeded Park and Ride will charge the user a fee for additional time, defined in the price list published on www.coloursofistria.com/parkandrideumag.
6. RETURNING RENTED BICYCLES
- Users are obliged to return/park the bicycles so that they are visible, at one of the official Park and Ride stations. The locations of all official stations are published at the Istria Experience info points (Katoro, Stella Maris, Punta, CampingIN Park Umag) or on the pylons at the stations. Bicycles must be locked by insertion into the appropriate rack. If there is currently no free rack to leave the bicycle, by reading the code from Article 3, paragraph 2 on the pylon, the user shall return the bicycle to one of the next Park and Ride stations with a free rack.
7. THE LIABILITY OF Park and Ride, THE LIABILITY OF USERS
- 1. Users use the bicycles at their own risk. Users shall have full liability for damage they cause. This also relates to claims by third persons, but does not affect claims for compensation.
- 2. The user's liability for the bicycle begins from the moment he/she takes the bicycle from the rack and runs until the bicycle is returned correctly and is thereby registered in the system. If, after the bicycle is returned, by checking the computer system and the actual condition of the bicycle, Park and Ride notices damage which could only have been caused by the user who was the last to return the bicycle, Park and Ride shall inform that user, within 120 minutes of the end of his/her use, Park and Ride shall charge that user the sum of 300,00 HRK as compensation.
- 3. The user is liable for all additional damage and costs which may occur if he/she fails to cooperate with the investigation team while determining damage and searching for the perpetrator.
- 4. Park and Ride is liable for intentional or gross negligence which may cause harm to users. Park and Ride is not liable for items users carry in the baskets.
- 5. Park and Ride is not liable for damage the user suffers if he/she does not use the bicycle in the manner prescribed in paragraph 2. This also applies to unauthorized use of the bicycle.
- 6. If, while the bicycle is being used, that bicycle is stolen, the user must inform Park and Ride of the theft in the shortest possible time on the phone no: +385 (0)98 25 99 55 / +385 (0)97 6963 096, or at the nearest Umag Police Station (phone no. ++385 (0)52 533 444), or through the nearest police officer he/she finds at the time of the theft. Park and Ride must be given the case number under which the report of the theft is being conducted.
- 7. Istraturist Umag d.d. is not liable to the user for any misunderstandings and lack of knowledge of the General Terms in cases where the user failed to study them, i.e. request an explanation from the employee of the info point.
8. ACCIDENTS WITH RENTED BICYCLES
- 1) If an accident occurs involving not only the user of the bicycle but also other persons, the user is obliged to report the accident immediately to Park and Ride by phone, on +385 (0)98 25 99 55 / +385 (0)97 6963 096 or the nearest Umag Police Station (phone no. ++385 (0)52 533 444) or the nearest police officer he/she finds at the time of the accident.
- 2) If the user does not report the theft, he/she shall be liable for all damage caused to Park and Ride as a result of that theft.
9. REVIEW OF GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1) Park and Ride rents bicycles to users while there are bicycles available.
- 2) Any agreements which deviate from the General Terms and Conditions must be authorized by Park and Ride.
- 3) These General Terms and Conditions will be available at all reception desks and info points that sell Park and Ride services.
10. ACCEPTANCE OF REGISTRATION
- 1) Users may register in person at the points of sale of the Park and Ride system. The user must be older than 18 years of age at the time when an application is submitted.
- 2) During registration, the user is obliged to supply the provider of the service his/her personal information (name, surname, address, bank card number, etc.) After the registration has been accepted, the user may use Park and Ride bicycles in the area of the town of Umag and in the CampingIN Park Umag, where the appropriate racks have been set up.
- 3) Park and Ride is authorized to verify the personal data and payment data from the user's registration. If the data are correct, the user shall sign a contract on bicycle rental with Park and Ride. The General Terms and Conditions are an integral part of that contract.
11. USING THE CODE
- 1) Users may not give the code from Article 3.2 to others, and if they do, that user shall bear the entire liability (e.g. including but not limited to the costs of rental, compensation for damage etc).
- 2) If the user code is lost, the user is authorized to request deactivation of that code. Deactivation may be undertaken exclusively by calling +385 (0)98 25 99 55 / +385 (0)97 6963 096
12. THE SECRECY OF USER DATA
- 1) The user is responsible for preventing the unauthorized use of his/her data by third persons.
- 2) If the user notices that his/her personal data are being abused, the user must immediately inform Park and Ride there of.
13. RENTING PARK AND RIDE BICYCLES USING USER DATA
- 1) The user may authorize another adult to use his/her user data exclusively at his/her own risk. The user must be sure that the other person is acquainted with the General Terms and Conditions of Park and Ride. The user shall be liable for all actions undertaken by the third person who has been authorized by the user to use his/her user data.
- 2) Park and Ride is authorized to withdraw the user's rights if violations of the General Terms and Conditions occur by the user or the person authorized by the user.
14. FEES AND PRICES
- All fees for services are based on the current price list and are valid at the beginning of every use of a bicycle. The prices are in force according to the valid price list published on www.coloursofistria.com/parkandrideumag.
15. PAYMENT AND POSTPONEMENT OF PAYMENT
- 1) The user is obligated to pay the sum required by means of a credit card.
1. Via credit card (Amex, Diners, Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron),
2. In cash
If the user of the Park and Ride bicycle rental service is paying in cash, he/she is obliged to leave his/her bank card account number and the expiry date of the same, so that Park and Ride may take further action in case of damage or similar cases described in Article 5, paragraph 5 of these General Terms and Conditions.
- 2) If payment is not possible due to the lack of funds in the user's account or for other reasons for which the user is responsible, Park and Ride shall charge the user for additional costs (published on www.coloursofistria.com/parkandrideumag ). In some cases Park and Ride may charge higher costs, according to the actual costs incurred, unless the user can prove otherwise, pursuant to the price list published on www.coloursofistria.com/parkandrideumag.
- 3) If the user fails to make a payment as prescribed, Park and Ride has the right to demand immediate payment of all further debts from the user, and terminate all contract obligations until the user settles all outstanding debts.
16. DATA PROTECTION
- 1) Park and Ride guarantees without limit, exception or condition for the secrecy of personal data made available to it in any way by users of the Park and Ride system, which implies in particular but not limited to: name and surname, address, personal identification document number, bank card number etc. Park and Ride shall not make these data available to anyone, other than by order of a court, the police authorities or in execution of legal obligations. Park and Ride shall use those data exclusively for the purposes of the use of the Park and Ride system and after the end of use of Park and Ride those data will be stored in a secure manner in the Park and Ride archives, and will not be used again (apart from the exceptions from the previous sentence). This protection is pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and other subordinate acts which regulate the protection of personal data.
- 2) All users are authorized to request Park and Ride to refrain from use of specific personal data, and Park and Ride shall grant that request if it is possible to provide the Park and Ride service without those data.
17. OTHER PROVISIONS
Your Park and Ride Umag
- 1) Both contracting parties may terminate the contract on bicycle rental at any time, but Park and Ride shall return the user the amount of rental paid reduced by its operational costs (e.g. bank charges, office supplies etc.). Park and Ride shall not accept the termination of the rental contract i.e. shall not return the money from the previous sentence, until the user settles all damages or costs he/she has caused by using the Park and Ride system.
- 2) The Commercial Court in Pazin shall have jurisdiction in case of any dispute
- 3) If any of the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions is not completely in accordance with the legislation framework of the Republic of Croatia, it shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which are in accordance with the legislation framework of the Republic of Croatia. In place of the invalid provision, an appropriate and valid formulation shall be implemented, pursuant to the laws of the Republic of Croatia.